|The following is NOT acceptable usage:
File sharing applications - Intense/continuous demand
In order to maintain the integrity and availability of Pasty.NET's broadband service in the U.P.,
file sharing applications (such as "BitTorrent") are unwelcome uses of this limited resource. Where
detected, such applications will automatically reduce the available bandwidth to the member's connection.
- Unsolicited mass mailings of any kind - this includes commercial
and non-commercial mailings.
- Sending large quantities of email to a single user in an effort to
overflow the mailbox of the target.
- Forging message header information to obscure the origination of
the message or the senderís identity.
- Pyramid schemes and chain letters - either creating or participating
- Sending harassing email (determined by language, size or frequency)
- including sending email to a person that has asked that you do not.
Social media and Newsgroups
- Posting copyrighted or trademarked software without the authorís
or companyís written consent.
- Posting messages which blatantly violate the charter of a specific
newsgroup or website.
- Forging message header information to obscure the posterís identity.
- Scanning Pasty.NET or any attached network in an effort to determine
possible vulnerabilities of the target system (port scanning).
- Engaging in activities that disrupt the network of either Pasty.NET
or our members by using excessive bandwidth, disk space or processor resources. The use of unauthorized
range extenders on our wireless network is expressly prohibited.
- Compiling or storing intrusion programs, sniffers and password crackers.
- Storing or distributing any copyrighted or trademarked software without
the authorís written consent.
Members may not run public webservers over a Pasty.NET IP connection.
Web services on our network only include pasty.net, domain name server,
mail server, and newsgroup server. We provide additional domain hosting
service on our co-located server, connected to the Internet through means
other than the local Pasty.NET network.
Accountability to "up-stream" bandwidth providers
The Internet is a collection of interconnected computer networks, of
which Pasty.NET is your starting point as one of our members. We are
connected to a regional provider (or providers), which in turn are connected
to even larger providers. As a network, Pasty.NET has agreed to abide
by the Acceptable Use Policies of these "up-stream" providers, and you
inherit the same guidelines by becoming a member. For a summary of
some of these current providers' policies, see
Peninsula Fiber Network
For questions about Pasty.NET's Acceptable Use Policy, contact:
Charlie Hopper, General Manager
58542 Wolverine Street
Calumet, MI 49913
Visit our flagship domain Pasty Central